Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Charlie Sheen


I've been trying to write this post for the past 3 days. Every day something new and crazy happens and I have to scrap everything I wrote. I'm trying to bang this out before he admits to being an alien.

---

I honestly can't say I know much about Charlie Sheen prior to these few weeks. I really only knew him on Wall Street, and I only saw that once. I don't watch Two and a Half Men. I couldn't tell you anything else about him.

Until he started waking up in rooms with hookers and more cocaine than Tony Montana. I really can't even say I paid much attention to that either. I don't know every detail or how many times. I skimmed it once in his Wikipedia. Seems routine for Hollywood.

Either way, he is providing great comedy for America right now. All of this tiger-blood and goddesses, sober ranch, it's great fodder, espeicially for the internet age. I'm enjoying every minute of it. I can't really say if I have an opinion or not on what he thinks, but I think this is simple; give a guy too much power and money, he'll lose control. The thing is he knows he's in a position of power - America's highest paid television celebrity - and if CBS wants to drop him then he'll go do other movies. He's not the first actor to do cocaine to the point of going to the hospital. Some directors don't care. And he's supposedly clean, so if a director is really worried, put a continual drug test in his contract.

What is interesting is that he's being so open about it. You don't see any other celebrity this open. Lindsay Lohan is keeping mum. Sheen couldn't possibly be on enough networks (save CBS). And he's not saying the same thing every time, which makes it even more entertaining. He seems like he's having a great time - except for his inability to do his "job".

Sad story with his kids - I've always said divorce is brutal. I can't comment on that, but Charlie doesn't seem totally sane, so I think Brooke's got a case. They need a father figure in their life though.

If I were CBS, how can you not bring back this show? I think everyone who has caught onto this Charlie Sheen runaway train would be interested in seeing the show after all of this. To see if Sheen can actually act normal. To see if he and the creator can co-exist. I would probably tune in for an episode or two. It's going to be more popular than ever, and you can't say that about most shows that are going into season 10.

That's really all I have to say, but in the meantime, keep winning.

2 comments:

  1. Charlie Sheen's cheese has completely slipped off his cracker. It is sad because he had a really funny sitcom. If you like funny stuff, check out the funny videos at Off Color Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking so funny. Nice sharing. Thanks man for this wonderful post.

    Download Law & Order: SVU Episodes

    ReplyDelete