Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Robbery

So my house in Philly was robbed last night. I'm in Brooklyn, so I don't totally know how it looks. Based on what my parents told me, all the bad guys took was my Mom's jewelry. And ripped through all our drawers looking for more. Our house wasn't destroyed. They didn't take any electronics. Sounds like they left some cash that was out in the open. Doesn't make total sense, but it is what it is. We have to be thankful it wasn't worse.

I live in a nice neighborhood at home. It's not super nice/extravagant/rich, it's fine. My parents were gone, my dad downtown and my mom running errands. My neighbors saw a large black man walking up to our driveway, but didn't think anything of it.

Needless to say, when my mom told me I was furious. Mainly because I could of been home working from home. The 60 miles away Pat said I would of beat him senseless. The reality is I would of been scared out of my mind, ran somewhere and called the cops. It's scary. It changes the sanctity of your home, which is supposed to be a safe place. I lived there for 15 some years and then winter/summers after that. Terrible.

It really gets me thinking about the sad state of our country. I've talked about it before and don't need to elaborate again, but we just live in an unbalanced country, where there are the have and the have-nots. The have's live in Leave it to Beaver land, and think they're safe and work hard to get by. The have-nots do whatever it takes to get by, including stealing from the haves (and from each other.) It's a sad country we live in. We choose to ignore the problems and focus more on what happened with American Idol or weather Weiner sent a picture of his Weiner or not. We ignore how we've failed the city and the 10% unemployment rate. I'm not innocent either.

I don't know, this post is more for my personal therapy than anything else. It's a sad sad world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment