Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Insider a Blogger's Mind

I read an interesting piece in the New York Times over the weekend titled "An Ex Blogs. Is It Okay to Watch?" I found it to be quite interesting. Not so much for the ex-relationship cyber stalking aspect, but thinking about it from myself as a blogger.

I write a lot. Not as much as I wish I did or as I used to, but I share a lot on here. And the thing that I found interesting was thinking that anyone can read my blog at anytime. Anything I've written since I've started. Most of the things I write about are benign commentary about TV or whatever is popular at the time. But it still is a look into my crazy little head. How I think, operate, rationalize, etc.

Over my 18 some months blogging I've heard from people I hadn't heard from in a while talking about how they love my blog or a certain post or whatever. It's intriguing that literally anyone can read this at any point. Old friends. New people. Random people. Potential employers.

When you have a real conversation with someone, you may not always get all your points in. Or you may not talk about certain topics. When you run into someone you haven't seen there is usually the BS "how are you? good!" conversation that doesn't dig deep at all. Yet you can go online and read about whatever has been on their mind.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but it's just something I thought I would share with you (the random people who are stalking my life). Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment