Monday, August 1, 2011

iPhone Switch

Last month I made the plunge and continued my to brainwash myself with Apple products by buying an iPhone. It had been a long time coming. I was hoping to wait until the next iPhone, but the Blackberry was failing me. They battery couldn't last 8 hours. It kept restarting (which took at least 45 minutes, and draining battery at the same time) for some unknown reason. I never really used it for internet because it drained the battery. Everything about it sucked.

So I switched to the iPhone 4. It didn't change my life. Not yet, but it's so helpful. Apps that are relevant. A battery that lasts 24 hours. Everything is just simpler.

My biggest complaint? The keyboard. I've got big fingers. Fat fingers. Whatever you want to call it. Consequently, I miss some of the keys when I hit it. When trying to type for speed, it's not going to win any battles. Between mistyping and auto-correcting (something that messes me up almost every message). I hate the idea of sites like DamnYouAutoCorrect.com but it's so true. Autocorrect makes sense, but it's just not helpful yet. Supposedly it learns the words you say more often, so I've got some work to do.

I'm really looking forward to iOS 5 to see the new developments, because what Apple demonstrated a few months ago looks great. I'm really happy with the device.

Random tangent - I think it's weird to play games on your phone all the time. I've downloaded some of them and screwed around a little bit but I just don't have fun with it. Maybe I'm too much of a hardcore video gamer, but it doesn't do anything. I'd like to think our ADHD doesn't require us to play crappy games to keep us occupied while we're waiting/traveling/etc. I'd rather check Twitter or read an article. Yet you go on the subway and see everyone playing some kind of game. Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment