Thursday, December 24, 2009

The First Post

When I pictured myself starting a blog, I thought of Hank Moody from Californication, where he would try to write a blog and end up throwing his computer at a wall. Then write some anti-society piece on how dumb everyone is. Then I realized I'm not as creative or awesome as Hank Moody.

There is no right way to start a blog. Hell, it took me a few hours just to figure out a name for this, and I don't even know if I like this name. It makes me sound like a tool. But names aren't important, it's about the soul of the blog, right?

Okay, so let me explain myself and who I am, and I think that will help explain what I'll be talking about on my blog.

As I write I am on my winter break from school as a student at Boston University. I am a senior majoring in public relations graduating in May 2010. It's coming up quickly and while I love college and the experience it has provided, I'm excited for the future. The job market is garbage right now, but we can only go up from here (or so Obama says.)

I'm pretty passionate for sports, specifically for teams from Philly. I do have a couple favorites from outside of Philly (Red Sox, Athletics, and the Celtics among a few.) If you didn't pick up on it, I'm from Philadelphia. I originally grew up in Center-City then moved out to the suburbs. I love the city. Great area. Love the Jersey Shore (South Jersey Shore, not the trash you see on MTV, although they make for GREAT television.) I really want to move out to Southern California someday, there's something about that area that really seems like the "American Dream" that really speaks to me. I also was obsessed with The OC as a teenager, and that probably influenced me heavily.

Some of my other passions include music, TV shows, not so much movies, they're just alright. I really enjoy playing golf, but I'm not very good. As of a month ago I've really wanted to go bowling all the time. It hasn't really panned out though. I would say I enjoy traveling, but I always find it hard to plan. Once it's planned, it's awesome.

This post has been rambling a bit more than I would like, so I'll close with why I'm writing this. One of the biggest motivators is an upcoming class I'm taking requires a blog, so I figured I would get a head start. This concept of "social media" and all of these things the Internet is allowing for us to do is new and exciting, so why not embrace it? We can now get our message out to everyone, and that's pretty cool. So anyways, more rambling. I'm hoping this is a decent start. Given that I'm on break, I hope I'll have some more updates often.

No comments:

Post a Comment