Tuesday, April 27, 2010

iTunes Is Unreadable

Apple's taken over the world since the launch of the iPod and iTunes. It started off slow, just with music. Then it got music videos, then movies, then TV shows, then Apps, then books. What's next? Can I buy a headache? I think it's free.

Seriously, iTunes has become so much to navigate that I can't figure out where ANYTHING IS. It's actually painful. Apple has too much content to distribute.

I don't even know where to start, because I can't navigate the home page. How can I find new music? I miss the old artist pages where I could comprehend and learn a little about these artists, and see their top-10 (which sounds cheesy, but that's how I usually find new music by seeing what other people are listening too) It doesn't feel like the top-10 is relevant as much anymore - it's what iTunes wants you to think is relevant.

For example, this is what I see when I visit Green Day's Artist Page (I would take a picture, but the thing is so long that it would take 3 screen shots. I don't love you guys THAT much.)
Albums
Songs (based on Popularity as default)
Music Videos
Movies

Too many things! Have tabs for each one!

Honestly, my ideal solution would be to edit the tabs along the side of the iTunes bar (where there's library and playlists.) Tab for Music, tab for Video, tab for Music Video, tab for Podcast, tab for Apps, tab for Headaches. etc. PLEASE

Apples become too much of a mega-distributor. We've all bought into and eaten the Apple pie and now we're stuck. I don't see any way out, so I'm just hoping they can clean up a little bit, soon, because I hate it right now. And I don't say hate that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment