Friday, June 25, 2010

Entourage Season 7 Preview

Entourage Season 7 starts Sunday, and I've finally gotten excited about it.

I thought season 6 was alright. I watched it again yesterday, and it seemed a lot about E & Sloan more than anyone else. I hated Ashley (besides the fact that she looks like she's 12) and that whole storyline, but it lead to E being back with Sloan, so that was huge.

I thought the last three episodes of the season were the best of the entire series. Amazing acting, writing, and overall story. Especially the Ari-takeover. Ari going Terminator was his best scene ever.

But after six ended, I thought, what could they do to keep it going? The whole landscape of the show will change with E engaged/married. How many more times can the gang go down and then back up? After seven years, I felt like they couldn't keep this going forever.

I saw the trailer for season 7 and was pretty stunned. Of course, that's the point of a trailer, so mission accomplished. I'm really hoping it's just another fun season like 6 was. I bet there will be some more E/Sloan problems, most likely with E's assistant. I hope it doesn't suck. The premise is four best friends having fun in Hollywood. Let them have fun. Do crazy stuff. No more downs. Everyone be successful. Sure, it's not as interesting, but it makes the show more feel-good. The story is secondary to the friendship.

Rumor is they will have season 8, then a movie (a la Sex and the City.) It's sad to see a show like Entourage come to an end eventually since it's been a show that SO many people enjoy and would love to live that life with their buddies. And as art imitates life, the superstar Hollywood life can't last forever either, so neither will the show.

Let's hug it out.

2 comments:

  1. OKAY. I thought the SAME thing about Ashley looking 12. I never got past it; so I pretty much just disregarded that entire relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, who cast her and thought that the audience would believe that she's "24"? It makes Sloan look that much better though, not that she needed any help.

    ReplyDelete