Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random NFL Thoughts

So there's a few things going through my head now with regards to the NFL.

1) Ines Sainz.

This story is ridiculous. She is ridiculous. I'm not convinced this story is for her own personal goal to get famous, I think she really felt uncomfortable. It's a cultural thing. You can't market yourself though as the "hottest sports reporter" and not expect to be treated like that. This woman can't have her cake and eat it too. Be a professional ALL the time. She flirted with players in previous interviews a couple years ago, so she should expect the SAME. She set the bar. Sorry you don't like it.

My biggest question is WHY is she here? To interview Mark Sanchez. WHY? About WHAT? I understand he's kind of an ambassador for Mexican-American athletes, which is cool, but does she really have to interview him during the season when he's in New York. What's the point?

What's absurd is how much attention it's getting. It shouldn't be. I shouldn't be writing this. This just launches a sexism debate that shouldn't even discussed. There's plenty of female sports reporters that are treated normal. I bet most of them don't pose like a model in their spare time.

Anyone wanna go in $100 with me that she's on SOME reality show soon? Dancing With The Stars? I'm a Celebrity get me out of here? Teen Mom?

2) NFL Red Zone

I heard this thing was awesome. I was able to check it out Sunday on the internet live stream. It's beyond awesome. It's like football on steroids.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Red Zone is a live 7 hour stream of all the NFL games with a live look in for the exciting plays and plays in the Red Zone. It jumps from game to game, so you never see anything boring.

When you think about it, football is the most watched sport, but it's the most boring. 5 seconds of a play then 20-30 seconds of nothing. Tons of commercials. It's so slow. Red Zone there's never a dull moment, literally. There's no commercials, literally just seven hours of football. It's better than getting the NFL Total Package deal, because it's A) free (okay, just cable) B) it takes you to the game without having to change the channel. You'll see every touchdown. It's perfect for every NFL fan - especially the Fantasy Football fans. Which leads to..

3) Fantasy Football

I hate fantasy football. Our country is obsessed with it. It costs business $275 million and $435 million per week. Per WEEK.

It's all luck and being on top of it at all times. For example: my player got in the end zone, but there was a penalty. Following the penalty, they scored with a different player. I lost so many points over a dumb thing. I know "that's how it goes" but it's so annoying to watch. Or the benching/starting concept. Obviously some games you'll have a clue on who will have a good game and who won't, but you can't predict everything. So you can start someone who has a bad game, but have someone on your bench who scored 3 TDs. Not fair.

And if you're not on top of the waiver wire picking up the latest hot players, forget about it. I'm not invested enough to care. I do it every year, and I'll keep up, but I can't keep up with everyone, and it angers me too much.

Maybe this gets back to my "I'm sports agnostic" theory from a couple posts back, but I just don't really care about fantasy sports. I lost complete track of baseball this summer, it's just not on my radar at all. Jens, if you're reading this, I still am honored to be a honorary Vandy Danny Duberstein.

So that's it. Except I'm also excited about Vick starting for the Birds. Who let the dogs out????

What?? Too soon?? It's never too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment