Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall TV Thoughts

Because it's too much to tweet, here's a quick post on what I'm watching so far.

Mad Men

This season finally caught my attention and actually made me want to watch. I didn't force it down my own throat. I think I know why - there was less Betty/family BS and more office drama. Sure, the focus is and always will be on Don, but this was on the only thing going on in his life: his work. He left his family and is completely alone, which is why he is clinging to anyone that will put up with him. He's realizing he really shouldn't keep drinking this much - but he will. His past is fading away, and now he's lost. The mid-life crisis.

I can't believe he married the secretary. It seemed like everything with the doctor was lined up. Yet he fell off the wagon and made a (most likely drunk) impulse decision that, as we see in the last scene, he's regretting. Unbelievable. How do you marry someone you barely know? Brutal.

Also, "The Suitcase" was the best 48 minutes of television I've ever seen.

Dexter

It bothered me that the season picked up exactly where the last one ended - that hasn't been the format over the previous seasons. Either I don't remember it, but I never thought that Dexter would of been so upset over Rita's passing. And the kids are gone. Why didn't the grandparents take Harrison? Very confusing. Have all of them or none of them. I'm excited for the Quinn/Dexter clash, but I'm worried it'll be too much like season 2 with Doakes. It's my favorite show on TV right now, just because I find Dexter's character to be so interesting and humorous.

Boardwalk Empire

I REALLY want to like this show. I really do. It feels like the episodes are dragging and building towards something, but I don't know what. I just need that "WOW" moment for me to really believe in it. Last week's FBI raid on the Celtic dinner was the first steps towards some serious action I believe, but I hope it comes sooner than later. I still don't buy Steve Buscemi as Nucky. He just looks like a wax statue. There's too many things they aren't explaining that they need to sooner than later. I also think I'm becoming too used to watching it on DVD so I can bang out a few in a row instead of this once-a-week deal. I guess that's how TV works.

Eastbound and Down

Awesome. There's nothing else I have to say about it. I just hope they can keep it up.

The Event

This show sucks. NBC is promoting it like it's the second coming of Lost ("What is THE EVENT??"). They're aliens. It blows. I watched the first episode and was excited, I watched the second episode, found out they are aliens, and cursed it off. I refuse to see anymore of it's nonsense, and any ad I see about it makes me shake my head. Haven't we had enough aliens? Between those crappy ABC shows and everything, who cares.

Dancing With The Stars

They kicked Situation off? That's all I know. Haven't seen any of it. I thought fist-pumping was the best type of dancing there was?

No comments:

Post a Comment