Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grinds My Gears: Video Game Edition

Yes, I really couldn't come up withe a better title. My creativity is kicked. Terrible. I need a spark in my life to get back into this.

Okay, so I play video games. Mainly the sports games. Definitely get some Call of Duty in there too. Anyways, they come out with a new version of the game every year. I wrote earlier how annoying it is that video games come out every year and expect people to milk it. At the same time, how else can they make money every year?

For me, it's a constant black hole. I give in easily. While I don't buy a new sports game every year, it's easily every few. Gives me and my friends something to do instead of going out and being reckless causing mayhem.

Anyways, long story short, I just bought Tiger Woods 12 since it was on sale. I bought it and found out that it comes with something like 12 courses. That's fine. The problem? They offer another 18 courses online that you pay for, at 4 bucks a pop. 4 x 18 is 72. So if I were to buy all of the courses available, I'd spend 60 bucks on the game, 72 on the courses, for a grand total of 132 bucks.

Hanh? 132 bucks? For a game that comes out once every year? Something where if I were to buy Tiger 13 I'd have to do it again? Greedy bastards.

I think offering additional content is a nice way to increase interest in a game, although I believe companies now purposefully leave things out to sell it later, because they want to milk money out of us. The problem with Tiger? They incorporate the courses into the single player game, effectively not allowing you to play the way they want you to. They're trying to force your hand into sinking more money into it.

Again, is there anything we can do? No. The fleecing of America.

1 comment:

  1. I like to play all type of games. I like mostly video games. They are entertaining and enjoyable. Me and my brother we enjoy our free time by playing games.

    Download Ben 10: Alien Force Episodes

    ReplyDelete