Monday, May 2, 2011

Cover Bands

Okay, so now that Osama-mania has calmed down enough for us to return to somewhat normalcy (until tomorrow), I've been meaning to write about my Friday night. I went to a band that's a tribute band for Bruce Springsteen (who else would I possibly see?) The band was covering the Boss' legendary 4 hour show from New Years 1980. Legendary doesn't really describe it. It's epic.

It was at a small bar in Manhattan, I didn't have much expectations besides just trying to enjoy some live music, have some beers, dance in the dark, and enjoy the night.

Overall? Not terrible. Because I'm anal for Bruce? It never had a chance. But, the show was good because I wanted to do something in the city that was affordable (before I saw my bar tab) while enjoying something I love.

The cool part was it was such an intimate show. By that I mean it was one of those small venues where you are literally on top of the stage. Being that close, listening to that kind of music was great. I really enjoyed that aspect of it. I got a little mad because it wasn't exactly the same. But the show was good.

Something you get at Springsteen related shows is the various age ranges. There's the youngin's like me and then there's people old enough to be my parents. Goes to show the guy is cross-generational here in the Land of Hope and Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment