Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Heat Will Win

Quick basketball post.

I think the Heat are going to win. I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon about 8 months too late, but I also didn't realistically think it would happen. I didn't expect the Celts to get so old so quick. I didn't expect the Magic to make that brutal trade. I didn't expect the Lakers to get swept in round 2.

But beyond all that, even if all of these teams were still involved and could play well, the Heat are a real tough match up for a seven game series. Can someone beat them once? Yes. Can they beat them 4 out of 7 times in a playoff series? Doubtful. The youth, the energy, the talent is very much to their advantage. The only team that (to me) could stand in their way is the Mavericks. I watched all of the Thunder/Grizz last night (3OT till 2AM, sleep deprived this AM) and I just saw a very sloppy sloppy game from both teams. The Bulls are hurting. I never considered the Hawks a legitimate contender. I also haven't seen a single game they play, so that might help with my opinion.

It just seems like the Heat are a train that will keep rolling over everyone.

We are all (unfortunately) witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment