Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tony Soprano Died

As my craziest high school teacher would say (almost every day) - I'm going to eat crow.

I wrote a few months ago that I didn't think Tony Soprano died. Then I read this. And, not only is it the most comprehensive post I've ever read regarding a 3-5 minute scene, it all makes sense. I agree with everything.

So after reading it (found courtesy of Bill Simmons the Sports Guy. If I ever write as well as he does [and somehow have a job like his] I will consider my life a better-than-expected success) I decided I need to watch season 6 again. All of it. Knowing what I knew previously from watching it a few months ago, I think he died. It had to have happened. All of the signs and things they talk about point that it has to have had happened.

Why did I not think so before? Because I was trying to be positive? (which, if you know me, that's rarer than the Dodo) I'm not sure. Maybe it was just my naiveté. I'd bet it's because I knew how it ended, but I didn't really know how it ended (if you missed it, I accentuated the second how there. I'm not that dumb to write the same thing twice. Well, wait.)

It makes sense that he died. Everyone else had died. It was a changing of the guard. The new young people wanted their turn. And that, as they say, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment