Thursday, August 19, 2010

Entourage's Tequila is Real

I know, I know, more TV talk? I swear I do other things, but do you really want to hear about my golf scores? Or how many laps I swam today in the pool? I thought so.

So if you've been watching this season of Entourage you're aware of Tequila Avion, the tequila that Turtle's (brutal) girl/love interest hooked up him with and that Vince seems to be supporting and relying on too much.

On my bus to New York last weekend I saw an ad for "Tequila Avion" on a New Jersey billboard, I wasn't sure what was going on. Entourage has taken out ads promoting their fake movies, blurring the line between reality and entertainment - something I love about the show.

I tweeted my concern about if this Tequila Avion was real, and in fact it is. It just recently launched, but their history has nothing to do with the history given on the show.

My first reaction was what a terrible portrayal of their product, creating this made up story line and being one of the reasons Vince's career seems to be in a downward spiral. I personally believe the Tequila has some kind of addictive ingredient (read: cocaine) that makes Vince able to drink it for 16 straight hours a day, drive drunk, show up drunk to his meeting with Stan Lee, etc. Do you want your product to be known as the tequila that causes the potential end of Vince and the boys? (even though it will end soon anyway)

Then I realized that most people aren't such flaming fans as me. Someone like me would say I wouldn't drink it because it was the end of Vince. Most normal people would say "OH THAT'S THE TEQUILA FROM ENTOURAGE? LET'S GET IT!!!" I'm pretty strange. I used to avoid New York because that's where the Yankees were, and I hated the Yankees. I've calmed down a bit, and should be in New York soon, but I still don't like the Yankees.

So when you think about it like that, what a great, (and free) platform to launch your new product. Entourage is still a popular show, regardless of how terrible the storylines have been this season, or last season, or the season before, or season four. The show is like a walking advertisement for the Tequila Avion. What an amazing launch for a new product.

No comments:

Post a Comment