Sunday, August 8, 2010

LOST - The New Man In Charge

I really thought I would be done talking about Lost after it was over. I believed it. Of course, with the DVD/Blu-Ray of Season 6 coming out, and the news that the 12-minute Epilogue titled "The New Man In Charge" got my Lost-blood flowing again. The footage leaked, and of course it found it's way to my computer. Don't worry, I fully plan on buying the Blu-Ray when it's cheap enough for my no-job budget. Christmas is coming.

Anyways, I saw it. At first I thought it was too cheesy, as if it was made simply with the purpose of tying up some of the random loose-ends, which really don't have any purpose to the REAL storyline, more of the random mythology that Lost has provided us - the polar bears, Hydra Island, Room 23, Dharma food drops, etc.

It's good that we no long have to debate the polar bears and the random potential they could have had. I'm sure someone thought they were brought by Jacob because polar bears are white and Jacob's color is white. So we dispelled those randoms.

The big shocker: Walt.

We never found out the point of Walt throughout the story. In retrospect, Walt seemed like such an insignificant cog in the proverbial Lost universe - which really boils down to Jacob/MiB/Jack/Locke.

We still don't know the point of Walt - we know he's special. We knew that 4 years ago. It seems clear to me that he's got the same potential that Hurley has - to speak to the dead. That's how he can help Michael. Maybe there's potential for Walt to take over as the new Hurley.

It answers some of the questions that don't matter, but, in typical Lost style, provides more questions. I love it, I'll miss it. I want more. I'll never get more. I'm planning on having a massive post on the timeline of Lost, I'm just trying to wrap my head around it. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment