Tuesday, March 2, 2010

LOST - WHAT DID I JUST WATCH

Wow, what a transition from a crappy episode to UTTERLY EPIC. I literally had my mouth open and goosebumps for five straight minutes after the episode. I turned my TV off and sat there. I am supposed to be finishing this PR plan for class, but writing this post suddenly became MUCH more interesting and a worthwhile outlet of my time.

So let's get started gang! (WHAT)

1) SAYID

Clearly, he's not so much infected as he is broken (more on that later.) He keeps trying to get rid of his killer-past and move on and be "normal". As we see, being normal wouldn't let him be with the only thing he really wanted: Nadia. Instead, he keeps having to kill people. It's just in his nature. Even in the sideways timeline, he still has to kill people (Nice addition adding Keamy PS.) It's in his nature. That's what Dogan saw when he determined Sayid was "evil" - because Sayid is naturally an evil man. He tries to be good, but life calls upon him to do other things.

I also think SPECIFICALLY because Smokey said "Hello Sayid" that therefore Sayid couldn't kill him. Dogen made it clear that if Smokey spoke it was over. He spoke. It's over. Smokey used that to turn him against Dogen.

He lost his trust in the people at the Temple, and Smokey must have told him something (besides the "I can get you whatever you want" line) to make him want to kill Dogen. Smokey must have said that by killing Dogen, Smokey can fulfill his mission, and "go home." I don't really believe Sayid is infected, he is just tired of the BS that the Island keeps throwing at him time after time.

Back to the broken thing I mentioned - it seems like everyone from the O6 except Hurley is really broken. Jack obviously. Sawyer lost the woman he loved. Kate is struggling to understand why Claire won't come with her - The ONLY reason Kate came. Sun doesn't count cause she's so brutally insignificant these days that I don't care to justify her.

2) Candidates

It's clear that Sayid's crossed himself off the list. I'm assuming the same for Sawyer - but where is he??

So that leaves us with - Jack, Hugo, and "Kwon" - I'm assuming it's Jin (mainly because I'm sexist - SARCASM.) It's gotta be Jack. It just has to be. It has to be.

3) Dogen

I'm glad the baseball storyline was wrapped up - it really bothered me that this stupid baseball seemed to have some higher meaning - and not that it's not significant, but it doesn't have to deal with the over-arcing issue going on.

But WHY was he the reason that Smokey was staying out - not the ash? Is the ash insignificant? What would the point be of laying down the ash if IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING? By him dying, Smokey gets into the Temple. What sort of logic is that? I really hope that angle is answered.

4) Illana/Lapedis/The Good Guys

Clearly this is going to be an episode with some form of a backstory that I assume will happen next week. How they got in/How they know/What they know.

It's got to be the room that Illana found is something secret from Smokey. Another special place on the island. And I personally believe that it will do something that can help protect the island or reincarnate Jacob. That's where the ashes that Illana scooped up come into play. There has to be something there obviously, as that's the only play they have left.

To sympathize with Sun (and cause I made a sarcastic sexist comment earlier) - Where is Jin? Claire left him at the tent, or did he get turned? In that case we cross him off the list. Is he with Sawyer?

MEETING BETWEEN 3 and 4 - WHY DOESN'T DOGEN KNOW WHAT ILLANA SEEMS TO KNOW ? Instead, he just kinda mooks around.

RANDOM ---> WHERE'S ALPERT? He clearly hasn't been at the Temple, but he told Sawyer that was the only safe place on the Island, so why didn't he go there? Unless he got caught by Smokey again.

5) Smokey

So what's his deal eh? Unless I missed something, there was nothing that he did in the Temple that he NEEDED to do. He already killed Jacob. He was "free." Maybe the Temple murder was just a revenge thing. A big kick in the guts to everyone that's ever been against him. Seems unnecessary though.

I write this in every post about Lost - something's not right. Team Jacob tells one story, and Team Smokey tells something else. I can't tell who's right or who's wrong. Sometimes I almost want to believe what Smokey is saying is true. Someone obviously is lying. We've been lead to believe that Jacob is the light and the best. I don't know. They're too secretive. Smokey seems so open. Why would he want people to come with him? Why wouldn't he just kill all of them (except for those that he 'recruited'?) Does he really want those who lived in the Temple to switch just like that? Does he expect their loyalty to switch that easily? It doesn't make any sense to me.

6) Kate

Kate doesn't know what's going on. She just wants to save Claire. But by her going with Smokey, she provides an interesting complex. I highly doubt she gets recruited. She's too smart. She's going to find out more - and then will probably run into Sawyer and Jin, and can somehow help everyone. She's definitely on the good side I think. She's too worried about Claire. I know I mentioned this earlier, but that's her sole mission.

7) Now what?

Jack and Hurley clearly are the only ones that seem safe from everything. And with Jacob there to aide Hurley, that's a huge help. Apparently next week Ben "pays for his sins" or whatever the ABC Promo said. Hope it's more interesting than the first 54 minutes of this weeks, but is just as powerful as the last 6.

PS --> Only 12 more hours of LOST. WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT IT. This blog might actually die when Lost dies. It'll go underwater like the Island. Get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment