Friday, March 12, 2010

Time Travel Geek Speak

This post shows off my inner-nerd, and I don't care.

I'm not sure what's up with my time travel obsession lately. Maybe I've been thinking about Lost too much. I've also been watching Back To The Future - all of them - in the past few days. And Hot Tub Time Machine is constantly making me laugh. (ps I think it's going to be the biggest joke since Snakes On A Plane)

Okay, so over the past few days I've seen all three Back To The Future's, and although I LOVE each of them, I realized a continuity error. I don't know if anyone cares, so if you don't, stop reading.

At the beginning of Part Two, Doc, Marty, & Jennifer go into the future. Doc claims they have to change their kid's future.

SO HERE'S MY PROBLEM:

IF Marty and Jennifer were to travel from 1985 to 2015 in time, they wouldn't exist in 2015 because they would have disappeared from the timeline. The 2015 version of the McFly's would be gone. But they're not.

I know it's Hollywood and I also know time travel isn't real (although sometimes I really wish it was,) but it really annoyed me while I was watching it yesterday, and I thought I would share that with you.

Also funny side note, isn't it interesting how they portrayed 2015, but 2015, although 5 years away, isn't going to be ANYTHING like how they thought it would be.

THIS STUFF BLOWS MY MIND

No comments:

Post a Comment