Thursday, May 13, 2010

THIS IS IT


At the beginning of the school year, me and my roommate made a joke that THIS IS IT, based on the Michael Jackson concert that he was supposed to have. We have no real care for Jackson, it's just part of a joke. Literally we would walk around and scream THIS IS IT and try to look like MJ when he's announcing the concert.

Well, This Is It.

It's been a great final year. It's kind of surreal. You reach a point where you finally feel comfortable going around and running into people you kind of know and can strike up a conversation and make new friends. You know where the cool bars are, who the bad people are, where's the good food, etc. Now it's all being taken away and I'm (probably) moving to somewhere entirely different. The whole process starts over.

It reminds me of high school. You just started driving and doing cooler and exciting things. Very similar to being 21 and being able to go to a bar. Exploring options that were previously unavailable to you.

But what also happened in high school is you lose your friends after you graduate. I didn't lose all of them, but everything's so different. I don't talk to them as much as I'd like. I'm using that to learn from it - enjoy the time you have with these people. Some of these friends will be there for life. Others are only enjoying the four years you have, and maybe you'll run into them every now and again.

It's senior week at school, and it's been great. We've had too many cool events - Foxwoods, Martha's Vineyard, a cruise around the harbor, Red Sox game, etc. It's honestly been the best week of school. It's probably because I'm not doing schoolwork. It's like the Spring Break you've never had, because it's in your city and everyone's there. I've probably made more serious real friends in the past 5 days than all semester. It's too bad it all has to come to an end. I'd love to just keep repeating this semester over and over. But this is life. To get out there and keep evolving and branching out. [Very Tyler Durden of me.]

It's an exciting few days. I've got a lot to write about once it's all over. But for now, cheers to 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment