Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Day as Eric Murphy


If you know me you know I'm a huge Entourage fan. I could probably quote every episode and narrow everything down to the specific detail. As most guys do, they talk about who their Entourage would be if we had a Vinny Chase in our friendship. I'm always picked to be E. I don't mind that. E's got a lot going for him. He may not be the superstar but he does his own thing setting up his own business and doing well for himself. We have two minor differences. I'm really tall, and don't have a Sloan in my life. Yet. (I'm also not a pizza boy. Yet. I graduate in two weeks people.)

So yesterday, I felt like Eric. I woke up early and got media passes to the Flyers/Bruins game (Go Flyers!) and then met up with a few friends on Newbury Street, then later to go out to a club (sorta) after a surprise birthday party, while sneaking on a party bus. If I could spend every day with that much fun, I think I would actually be Eric.

The thing with Entourage is that it's a lifestyle, one given on privilege because Vinny's got the looks and the acting skills (sorta) to get "the" lifestyle. Go to party's, hang out with gorgeous girls (I'm a little behind on that one) and really enjoy yourself.

This post is kind of weird. I don't mean for it to be a "I'm having much better time than you are" thing, because everyone's definition of a good time varies. It was just a great day (until this water situation - more on that later. It's just a commentary to get my things together and get "that" job (and maybe have the right friend) to have an amazing life where you're doing fun stuff. I don't necessarily want to be spoiled, but I want to enjoy everything I do. Work, play, even the BS. Enjoy it all. There should be no point where I feel like I have to be a "slave" to make money or I'm out on the street. It should be fun. Who wants to come with!?

1 comment:

  1. im not sure if the girls in Entourage fall in the street and get all scraped up.

    ReplyDelete