Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cell Phone Ads = Brutal

This post counts as a rant. In watching most of the football games this weekend, I've seen TOO MANY AT&T vs. Verizon ads. There's a map for that. The better 3G experience. Owen Wilson is annoying, overweight, and a drunk. The DroidDoesn't make a difference to me. Blah Blah Blah. It's like watching political slander campaigns. They just trash each other back and forth. At least elections have an end date. This does not.

Regardless of whichever is better, these two cell phone giants have really alienated their customer base. I don't really know which one is better. I can read the 3G map, but can I trust it? I hate the concept of these 2 year contracts. It really screws the customer, as they are locked into the plan. Even if I wanted to switch to AT&T, I can't, because I'm stuck on Verizon. I don't know when my plan is up. It's frustrating.

Since I'm trapped into this phone deal, I don't care about whose map is better. As long as my phone works, that's all that matters. I'm not switching, mainly because I'm stuck. Yet the ads continue to flood my television. This is only encouraging me and other viewers to DVR/Ti-Vo everything in order to skip over the garbage. Or switch to Sprint in order to stick it to Verizon and AT&T. I don't think they would notice.

Can't Google just take over cell phone providers? They're taking over everything else. I hope it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment